Overview of the role
Are you ready to gain new skills to help run and maintain the latest production technology and equipment for the world’s biggest brands? We’re looking for teammates who know how to take charge of business-related challenges and keep us running efficiently.
Working behind the scenes in our manufacturing plants, Plant Technicians are vital to the success of our business at P&G. We do various types of work, including running high-speed converting and packing equipment, controlling the process from a computer terminal, and performing preventive maintenance on equipment.
We hire you at entry level and you advance by demonstrating growing levels of operating, maintenance and leadership skills. We also provide you with the opportunity to expand into electrical, quality assurance, safety and hygiene, and other areas of expertise.
As a technician, you will work with a team that is responsible for keeping production flowing, meeting performance goals and maintaining the high level of quality that consumers expect from our products.
Each technician will have three roles:Operatorfor a specific area position,Equipment Owner for specific equipment, plusSystem Ownershipfor his/her team/line:
1. Area position
- Execute the batch making and packing process according to production plan for the day
- Execute the job assignment allocated by the team leader
- Upkeep the safety and quality standard in the plant
2. Equipment Ownership
- Maintain equipment in base condition
- Develop equipment standard (e.g., safety map, loss map, lubrication map)
- Develop operations standard and improvement (e.g., Job Aid, SOPs, OPLs, Kaizens)
- Execute equipment related loss elimination projects
3. System Ownership
- Own up to two systems of the site
- Minimum qualification: Diploma in Engineering or Science related
- Medically fit to operate in a manufacturing environment
- Good Analytical & Problem-Solving skills
- Good Collaboration to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Good Communication skills in English verbally and in writing
- Willing to work in Tuas area
- Willing to work on 9-hr rotating shifts (morning & afternoon shifts)
Previously Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.