Responsible to participate on a team to pack a product received from a making area (for example liquid, powder, capsules, pills) that gets labeled and packaged, or a finished product item (for example: brush, floss, paste, refills, razors) that gets packaged, manually or with the assistance of a machine or robot.Acts as a System Owner or Equipment Owner for the area in which they operate. Operates and maintains the equipment in their area.
Are you ready to gain new skills to help run and maintain the latest production technology and equipment for the world’s biggest brands? We’re looking for team players who know how to take charge of business-related challenges and keep us running smoothly.
Plant Technicians are vital to the success of our business at P&G. As a technician, you will work on a team that is responsible for keeping production flowing, meeting performance goals, and maintaining the high level of quality that consumers expect from our products.
We require individuals who possess a high level of skill and initiative, understand the importance of continuous improvement, and can excel in a self-directed team environment.
Electrical and Controls technicians are being hired as skilled members of our manufacturing operations teams. Electrical and Controls technicians are responsible for enabling production throughput, reducing equipment downtime, troubleshooting issues, eliminating defects, and building technical mastery. They focus on initiating and implementing continuous improvement projects with the goal of delivering the best product, at the lowest cost, with the highest quality, and in a safe environment. They have electrical technical mastery in order to successfully troubleshoot problems and to proactively improve production systems. Electrical and Controls technicians perform various types of work, such as:
· Maintaining and troubleshooting high-speed packing, process, and utilities power & controls equipment
· Using electrical test equipment to diagnose electrical problems
· Performing preventive maintenance and calibrations on equipment
· Troubleshooting, monitoring, & programming PLC, SCADA, and HMI systems
· Troubleshooting and monitoring variable frequency drives, servo control systems, robotics
· Troubleshooting and repairing machine and process control equipment
· Analyzing trends and technical data to gain insights of the controls and identify issues proactively
· Building technical skills in others
Meaningful work on Day 1
We do various types of work, including operating and maintaining high-speed automated equipment, computer systems, or product distribution systems. From the beginning, you will be getting involved, impacting situations and influencing business-related problems.
We offer you:
· Ownership of your work from your first day
· The ability to maintain world-renowned production technologies in some interesting ways
· The chance to influence the production and quality of our products
· Mentorship, coaching, training, and guidance
· A safe work environment
· Competitive pay and benefits
We have no doubt these skills will help you on the job be:
· Able to display skills in manufacturing processes, including operating, maintaining and cleaning automated equipment
· Maintain accurate records and data
· Display strong technical, interpersonal, and analytical skills
· Able to operate essential material handling equipment at the site e.g., clamp truck, forklift, hand trucks, etc.
We believe in order to be able to perform on the job, you will need to meet the following physical requirements:
· Use basic hand and power tools
· Lift 50 pounds by bending and stooping; climb, stand, and move around on stairs, ladders and platforms; twist, turn and bend
· Stand on concrete floors for an extended period of time
· Discern the various visual and audible alarms and signals for equipment start-up etc.
The Lima Procter & Gamble Plant operates 7-days per week on 12 hour rotating shifts. We operate on a 2-2-3 work schedule rotating between days (5:30 am-6:00 pm) and nights (5:30 pm-6:00 am).
We rely on local talent and relocation is generally not paid. Changes in business volume and production requirements can cause the plant to occasionally change the length of work shifts or the rotation schedule. Technicians are expected to be willing to rotate and to work any shift.
Are you ready to join this renowned team?
We believe you will be an excellent fit here if, you:
· Are 18 years of age or older
· Have a minimum of a high school diploma, GED or equivalent education & 2-year technical degree/certification in Industrial Electrical or related field OR equivalent experience
· Wear required safety personal protective equipment (eye protection, ear protection, safety shoes, gloves & respirator) and use appropriate fall protection (as needed)
· Are willing to work rotating shifts
· Knowledge and practical application with some of the following technology areas: PLC’s, HMI’s, process instrumentation, machine control systems, variable frequency drives (PowerFlex, etc.), servo drives, robotics, power distribution (<600V), control system networking, and electrical safety
· Strong technical troubleshooting, problem-solving, issue resolution, and root cause analysis for industrial electrical issues
· Capable of using PLC program navigation for troubleshooting
· Able to read and use electrical schematics and single-line drawings
· Able to use electrical troubleshooting tools for measurements and analysis
· Interpersonal and teamwork skills
· Able to rotate shifts (on a 2-2-3 rapid rotation schedule with 12-hour shifts)
Just so you know:
· Starting Pay/Salary Range: $35.20 Per Hour
· Compensation for roles at P&G varies depending on a wide array of non-discriminatory factors including but not limited to the specific office location, role, degree/credentials, relevant skill set, and level of relevant experience. At P&G compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Total rewards at P&G include salary + bonus (if applicable) + benefits. Your recruiter may be able to share more about our total rewards offerings and the specific salary range for the relevant location(s) during the hiring process.
· Successful completion of a Technical Interview will be required as part of the application process.
· Relocation is generally not paid
· All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
· Immigration Sponsorship is not available for this role. For more information regarding who is eligible for hire at P&G along with other work authorization FAQ’s, please click HERE.
· Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
· Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Previously Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.