Builds, repairs, rebuilds or performs maintenance on site wide equipment or equipment within the operations or a distribution center. May also be responsible for parts control and inventory of items. May also manage the bid process from outside vendors for work to be done at the site.
Moldmaker Technician Requisition
Iowa City Oral Care Site
Journeyman Moldmaker technicians are being hired as skilled members of our manufacturing operations teams. These technicians will be responsible for the specialized manufacturing of molds and related components used in plastic injection molding. Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Manufactures, alters, repairs, and maintains molds and dies for blister forming and sealing machinery
- Works to very close tolerances (+/- 0.002)
- Operates various standard machine tools and moldmaking machinery (i.e. mills, lathes, etc.) in the production of molds.
- Performing welding operations
- Must be capable of making new tools from raw materials
- Must be capable of determining sequence of machine operations, etc.
- Assembles and disassembles molds for production, repair and maintenance purposes.
- Performs set-ups and adjustments on all moldmaking machinery
- Performs various types of bench work including stoning, polishing, and assembly
- Matching cavities
- Investigates molding problems and offers suggestions on how to improve mold designs
- Works with little supervision and independently
- Responsible for good housekeeping in the work area and follows all safety policies, procedures, and rules
Requirements to Apply:
- Minimum of a high school diploma/GED
- Must be journeyman moldmaker or have extensive work experience in the construction of new injection mold tooling with the skill to do original work and actual mold construction or repair without direct supervision
- Must be skilled at operation various types of moldmaking equipment and machinery, including milling machines, lathes, grinders, EDM machines, CNC machines, etc.
- Must be skilled at reading blueprints, charts, and tables
- Must have thorough knowledge of principles of operation of moldmaking tools, machining methods, and typical mold tooling material
- Must have skills necessary to perform bench work including matching, polishing, stoning, and assembly
- Must be able to identify and distinguish between all colors in the spectrum
- Must be able to understand and comply with the standard operating procedures for all functions
- Must be able to read, write, and speak in fluent English
- Must be available to work a reasonable amount of daily and/or weekend overtime
- Must be physically and mentally capable of performing all responsibilities and essential elements of the job within reasonable expectancy
Successful completion of a Technical Interview will be required as part of the application process.
P&G offers competitive wages (based on skills and experience) and comprehensive benefits including medical and dental, paid vacation, and holidays.
Wage Range: $32.33/hour – $38.07/hour
Procter & Gamble is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Iowa City, Iowa, United States Job Type : Full time Job Type: Manufacturing Req No: R000079776
Previously Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.