Internal Job Title - Food Service/Commercial Laundry Technician
Procter & Gamble Professional (PGP) is a growing and highly entrepreneurial business, focused on improving the lives of our consumers away from home. Our propositions include branded products, equipment, service and technical support systems. The Technical Services Organization (TSO) is charged with program installation, maintenance and technical support. Our desired end-state is completely satisfied customers that lead to product and program compliance, long-term retention, and provide a virtuous business and organization growth cycle.
This is a full-time role, working from your home office, to meet expanded equipment and service requirements both internally and externally. Job scope includes: 1) installing, supporting/servicing assigned Total Food Service (TFS), including mechanical warewash, customers, 2) installing, supporting/servicing assigned on-premise laundry customers, 3) supporting all housekeeping and COE equipment/service areas, and 4) training and coaching for Sr. FSTs on OPL and MWW. The work includes in-depth knowledge of respective equipment, service, maintenance, trouble shooting, chemical product interactions, and procedures. All of this requires a high level of customer context and interaction.
This role is located in geographic areas based on business need, reports to assigned National Service Organization (NSO) Team Leader. Some on-call weekend and off-hours work is required. The ideal candidate would have a background working with commercial dish machines and commercial laundry equipment, hand tools, electrical systems and plumbing. The work must be done in a way that supports year-to-year volume and profit results, improve customer retention, and delivers superior customer service and team building results.
Commercial mechanical warewash equipment and chemical dispensing pumps expertise. This also includes proficiency and ability to read schematic drawings. Commercial on-premise laundry dispensing equipment mounting and machine programming/modification. Excellent working knowledge of appropriate tools, data, implements and service needs. Obtain and maintain NRA ServSafe certification and potentially NEHA CP-FS certifications. Managing the customer workload for their geographic territory and completing all work on time with excellence. Understand all regulatory and safety requirements in the areas that affect our mechanical warewash and on-premise laundry program. Proficient in laptop and tablet technology to include but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and mechanical warewash and on-premise laundry program controllers/programing. Ability to train others on OPL and MWW. Adjust to competitive, industry and external customer environments – locally and regionally. Establish and cultivate key customer relationships where appropriate/necessary so that we have a clear path to solve problems quickly, as defined by the customer, and grow the base business. Interfaces with external, end-using customers as defined by the business and internal organization, Reports directly to assigned NSO Territory Operations Manager (TOM); receives daily direction from NSO Team Leader. Works collaboratively with NA TSO peers, and technical support teams both TSO/R&D.
Ideal candidate has 4+ years of On-premise Laundry (OPL) service experience including installation and programming capabilities to support new, large OPL business
- Work schedule may include 12 hour shifts, 5 day work week, occasional weekends, and night shifts
- On-call coverage which may include: occasional weekends, holidays and night shifts
- Manage work order workload and complete on time with excellence
- Lift, lower and carry objects up to 50 lbs.
- Push and pull objects up to 50 lbs.
- Climb a vertical ladder. Ability to go up and down
- Climb up and down stairs
- Stand, sit, and/or walk for long periods of time, twist, bend at the knees, stoop, kneel, squat, crawl, and reach for purposes of installing and maintaining equipment. Surface: concrete, asphalt (uneven surfaces).
- Operate a computer keyboard to input and access data, and phone
- The ability to work in extreme temperatures both hot and cold, generally in warehouse conditions including wide variances in temperature, dust and dirt
- The ability to give and discern the various visual and audible alarms and signals for equipment startup, evacuation, and fires
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Candidate must be able to operate a motor vehicle, and spend approximately 30% of the day in the car traveling from accounts safely in city, rural and expressway conditions
- Candidate must live within 50-75 miles of the specified city. This position includes a company car.
Compensation for roles at P&G varies depending on a wide array of non-discriminatory factors including but not limited to the specific office location, role, degree/credentials, relevant skill set, and level of relevant experience. At P&G compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Total Rewards at P&G include salary + bonus (if applicable) + benefits. Your recruiter may be able to share more about our total rewards offerings and the specific salary range for the relevant location(s) during the hiring process.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration Sponsorship is not available for this role. For more information regarding who is eligible for hire at P&G along with other work authorization FAQ’s, please click HERE.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Tampa,Florida,United States of America;
Previously Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.