The Senior Electrical and & Instrumentation Technician is responsible for enabling production throughput, reducing equipment downtime, troubleshooting issues, eliminating defects, and building technical mastery. They are a subject-matter expert in a specific technology, and they are capable of covering multiple areas during their shift. As the skills increase, they are capable supporting improvements and capital projects with the goal of delivering the best product, at the lowest cost, with the highest quality, and in a safe environment. In general, this role will be focused on electrical technical mastery in order to successfully troubleshoot problems and to proactively improve production systems.
As a Senior Electrical and Instrumentation Technician you will be responsible for the following:
- Maintaining and troubleshooting high-speed packing, making, and facilities power & controls equipment.
- Collaborate with Operating and Project Teams to eliminate losses and improve electrical systems.
- Performing preventive maintenance and calibrations on equipment
- Troubleshooting, monitoring, & programming PLC, SCADA, and HMI systems
- Troubleshooting and monitoring variable frequency drives, servo control systems, robotics
- Troubleshooting and repairing machine and process control equipment
- Analyzing trends and technical data to gain insights of the controls and identify issues proactively
- Building technical skills in others
Apply electrical technical skills to support business.
- Acquire Low Voltage Qualification (up to 1,000V).
- Utilize tools to eliminate defects and improve systems (UPS, Y-Y, failure analysis, etc.).
- Be knowledgeable on the electrical systems on equipment in order to effectively troubleshoot issues and lead improvement projects.
- Be involved in all planned maintenance downtime events.
- Capable of advanced programming, set-up and configuration of electrical components (VFD’s, PLC’s, Servos, Flow Meters, Pressure Meters, communications, etc.).
- Conduct electrical troubleshooting (hardware and software) in support of Operating Teams
- Proactively monitor and maintain electrical field devices and power systems (execute PM’s, CIL’s, replace in-kind, calibrations, etc.).
- Execute electrical Maintenance Planning task.
- Demonstrate computer aptitude- acquire basic programming, set-up, and configuration of electrical components (VFD’s, servos, PLC’s, scales, communications, etc.)
- Interface with vendors, suppliers, or on-site construction teams.
- Minimum of a high school diploma/GED & 2-year technical degree/certification in Industrial Electrical or related field
- 7+ years of related experience
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Associate degree in electrical engineering or related field
- Applied electrical and controls skills in an industrial environment
- Knowledge and practical application with some of the following technology areas: PLC’s, HMI’s, process instrumentation, machine control systems, variable frequency drives (PowerFlex, etc.), servo drives, robotics, power distribution (<600V), control system networking, and electrical safety
- Strong technical troubleshooting, problem-solving, issue resolution, and root cause analysis for industrial electrical issues
- Capable of using PLC program navigation for troubleshooting
- Able to read and use electrical schematics and single-line drawings
- Able to use electrical troubleshooting tools for measurements and analysis
- Experience with a regulated industry, such as Food, Cosmetic, or Drug for knowledge of GMP compliance is a plus.
- Role model electrical safety in ALL aspects of your work
- Self-directed and motivated; have a sense of urgency and bias for action to deliver needed results
What we offer:
- Responsibilities as of Day 1 - you will feel the ownership of your work from the beginning, and you will be given specific ownership areas and responsibilities.
- Continuous mentorship - you will work with passionate people and receive formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager. Work and be part of a dynamic and encouraging environment - working over a diverse array of interesting problems.
- Promote agility and work/life effectiveness and your long-term well-being.
- Get a competitive salary and benefits package.
Just So You Know:
The Greensboro Browns Summit Procter & Gamble Plant operates 7-days per week. Technicians work any day of the week, including weekends. Work on weekends may be as overtime or as part of the Technician's normal schedule. Changes in business volume and production requirements can cause the plant to occasionally change the length of work shifts or the rotation schedule. The hours of work vary from 8 to 12 hours per day. Shift rotations vary from working a single straight shift to working two or three rotating shifts. Technicians are expected to be willing to rotate and to work any shift. Additional days could be required to be worked as overtime.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorships not available for this position, except in rare situations based on Procter & Gamble's sole discretion. Applicants for U.S. based positions are eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship. We do not sponsor for permanent residency. Any exceptions are based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Previously Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.