P&G is the largest consumer packaged goods company in the world. We have operations in over 75 countries, with 65 trusted brands that improve lives for 5 billion consumers worldwide. This brings many advantages, including the opportunity for our employees to enjoy a diverse and rewarding lifelong career filled with new and exciting challenges.
The Electrical and & Instrumentation Technician is responsible for leading the electrical systems, performing advance troubleshooting of hardware and software to support the production of a quality product in a safe environment. They are a subject-matter expert in a specific technology, and they are capable of covering multiple areas during their shift. As the skills increase, they are capable supporting improvements and capital projects. In general, this role includes working on electrical items, projects, improvements, training, and supporting the shift team, as needed.
The Greensboro Browns Summit Procter & Gamble Plant operates 7-days per week. Technicians work any day of the week, including weekends. Work on weekends may be as overtime or as part of the Technician's normal schedule. Changes in business volume and production requirements can cause the plant to occasionally change the length of work shifts or the rotation schedule. The hours of work vary from 8 to 12 hours per day. Shift rotations vary from working a single straight shift to working two or three rotating shifts. Technicians are expected to be willing to rotate and to work any shift. Additional days could be required to be worked as overtime.
As an Electrical and Instrumentation Technician you will be responsible for the following:
- Collaborate with Operating and Project Teams to eliminate losses and improve electrical systems.
- Participate / Lead sustainability efforts to reduce costs (electricity, water & natural gas) to deliver sustainability goals.
- Coach and develop other technicians to build electrical and operating skills within the department.
- Deliver stretching business results through application of electrical technology mastery.
- Maintain site electrical PPE and test equipment (strike down, gloves, etc.)
- Maintain Utilities devices calibrations.
Apply electrical technical skills to support business.
- Acquire Low Voltage Qualification (up to 1,000V).
- Utilize tools to eliminate defects and improve systems (UPS, Y-Y, failure analysis, etc.).
- Be knowledgeable on the electrical systems on equipment in order to effectively troubleshoot issues and lead improvement projects.
- Be involved in all planned maintenance downtime events.
- Capable of advanced programming, set-up and configuration of electrical components (VFD’s, PLC’s, Flow Meters, Pressure Meters, communications, etc.).
- Conduct electrical troubleshooting (hardware and software) in support of Operating Teams
- Proactively monitor and maintain electrical field devices and power systems (execute PM’s, CIL’s, replace in-kind, calibrations, etc.).
- Execute electrical Maintenance Planning task.
- Demonstrate computer aptitude- acquire basic programming, set-up, and configuration of electrical components (VFD’s, servos, PLC’s, scales, communications, etc.)
- Interface with vendors, suppliers, or on-site construction teams.
- Associate degree in electrical engineering or related field and/or 4+ years or related experience.
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have a high school diploma, GED or equivalent education
- Experience with operations and/or process equipment.
- Background in Rockwell hardware and software systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems using PLC’s, HMI’s, drawings, and electrical documentation.
- Demonstrated problem solving capability and deductive reasoning
- Experience with a regulated industry, such as Food, Cosmetic, or Drug for knowledge of GMP compliance is a plus.
- Role model electrical safety in ALL aspects of your work
- Self-directed and motivated; have a sense of urgency and bias for action to deliver needed results
What we offer:
- Responsibilities as of Day 1 - you will feel the ownership of your work from the beginning, and you will be given specific ownership areas and responsibilities.
- Continuous mentorship - you will work with passionate people and receive formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager. Work and be part of a dynamic and encouraging environment - working over a diverse array of interesting problems.
- Promote agility and work/life effectiveness and your long-term well-being.
- Get a competitive salary and benefits package.
Just So You Know:
- Starting Pay / Salary Range: $25.73 Per Hour
- Compensation for roles at P&G varies depending on a wide array of non-discriminatory factors including but not limited to the specific office location, role, degree/credentials, relevant skill set, and level of relevant experience. At P&G compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Total rewards at P&G include salary + bonus (if applicable) + benefits. Your recruiter may be able to share more about our total rewards offerings and the specific salary range for the relevant location(s) during the hiring process.
- We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- All will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
- Immigration sponsorships not available for this position, except in rare situations based on Procter & Gamble's sole discretion. Applicants for U.S. based positions are eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship. We do not sponsor for permanent residency. Any exceptions are based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
- Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
- Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Browns Summit, North Carolina, United States Job Type : Full time Job Type: Manufacturing Req No: R000069903
Previously Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.