Working behind the scenes in our manufacturing plants, machinist are vital to the success of our business at P&G. As a machinist, you will load, inspect, and run tooling and programs to a high complexity. You will do various types of work including set-up and operation of multiple CNC and lathe machines, using GD&T blueprints/ 3D solid models, loading, inspecting, and running tooling and programs to a high complexity (+/- .0005”), and performing in-process inspections.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Producing the highest quality products on time and at the lowest attainable cost by utilizing standardized tools, creation of standards and building capability
- Working from CAD/CAM files, engineering drawings, sketches and or verbal instructions to perform highly diversified CNC operations to specifications
- Building and editing semi-complex programs using CAD/CAM systems and machine controllers
- Assisting in training workforce in proper setup and use of equipment/systems
- Correcting any inadequacies in prints, materials and route sheets
- Maintaining I-Quality standards related to work procedures and tool/machine maintenance
We offer you:
- An impactful career path, with daily influence on the production and quality of our products
- Continuous coaching - you will work with passionate people and receive both formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your coach and manager
- Opportunity for advancement - we value and invest in our people. We have a clear pay and progression system that enables you to advance based on your newly acquired skills
- A competitive compensation package (including profit sharing/401K, and health insurance starting day 1) and great on-site perks (free parking, on-site fitness center, and on-site Medical)
- A diverse, multifaceted, and fast paced work environment passionate about safety and quality
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- Knowledge of machine shop practices, elementary mechanics, machining methods, cutting qualities of materials, proper speeds and feeds
- CNC machinist background or schooling preferred
- Experience with machining steels of various grades and hardness
- Ability to work to +/-.0005
- Ability to use a computer, to work from complicated models & drawings and/or verbal communication in the assembly of components
- Ability to use measuring equipment (i.e. Micrometers, Gauges, and Indicators)
- Basic knowledge of MS Office
We believe you will be an excellent fit here if, you:
- Are 18 years or older
- Have a minimum of a high school diploma, GED or equivalent education
- Are willing to wear required safety personal protective equipment (eye protection, ear protection, safety shoes)
- Are willing to work any shift assigned
We believe in order to be able to perform on the job, you will need to meet the following physical requirements:
- Use basic hand and power tools
- Lift 50 pounds by bending and stooping
- Enter confined spaces
- Stand on concrete floors for an extended period of time
Starting Rate: $35.47/hour
Compensation for roles at P&G varies depending on a wide array of non-discriminatory factors including but not limited to the specific office location, role, degree/credentials, relevant skill set, and level of relevant experience. At P&G compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Total rewards at P&G include salary + bonus (if applicable) + benefits. Your recruiter may be able to share more about our total rewards offerings and the specific salary range for the relevant location(s) during the hiring process.
Just so you know:
- We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.
- Immigration Sponsorship is not available for this role. For more information regarding who is eligible for hire at P&G along with other work authorization FAQ’s, please click HERE.
- Relocation is generally not paid.
- Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
- Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Boston Plant,Massachusetts,United States of America;
Previously Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.