P&G is the largest consumer packaged goods company in the world. We have operations in over 75 countries, with 65 trusted brands that improve lives for 5 billion consumers worldwide. This brings many advantages, including the opportunity for our employees to enjoy a diverse and rewarding lifelong career filled with new and exciting challenges. Our Auburn, Maine manufacturing site is seeking several Electrical & Instrumentation Technicians to join existing site resources working on critical business needs across multiple operating departments. These resources will contribute to the overall expansion, maintenance, and step change manufacturing capability of the site. Successful employees will break down technical barriers to success, obtain technical ownership supporting manufacturing projects, and ultimately bring new production capacity to our site. The ideal candidate is curious, not afraid to challenge the status quo, and ultimately a team player.
At Auburn we manufacture most of P&G's tampon global production for multi-region distribution within the overall Feminine Care business unit. Here we model our approach to work after several core values: culture of safety - nothing we do is worth getting hurt - utmost emphasis on quality, as well as placing confidence and trust in our people and systems. We're hiring 4-5 resources to join our Electrical & Instrumentation team. Once fully staffed, the team will consist of roughly 10 total employees flowing across the site’s operating departments to maintain production line health, ensure minimal unscheduled downtime, and engage in continuous improvements to accelerate manufacturing capacity. Initial role scope will be a mix of small electrical projects on the production line (s), as well as general maintenance & troubleshooting across an operating department.
These positions are open to recent graduates in an Electrical, or related, program(s) as well those with previous work experience. We're hiring across the junior to senior level spectrum for the team.
These roles are day shifts (5:45 am to 6 pm) on a rotating 2-2-3 (Panama) schedule. This schedule will be modified occasionally to meet business needs.
Expected responsibilities will include:
- Provide electrical / instrumentation interface development and technical support for on-shift technicians.
- Executing Process/Machine Control first level support (Maintain/Improve) and preventative maintenance coordination.
- Engage in continual improvement activities; update and modify existing controls systems including robotic programs, ladder logic programs, relay logic, electrical distribution, motor controls, operator interface, hydraulics, and pneumatics distribution and control.
- Create, maintain, and keep documentation of electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematics, as well as platform panel layouts.
- Schedule and complete backups of all electronic machine control and robotic programs on set schedule.
- Maintain and update controls portion of machine standards.
- Participate in and provide periodic coordinated power, controls, instrumentation, and information systems technical training for site capability building.
- Associate degree, or similar educational background, in the Electrical / Instrumentation discipline (relevant certifications or experience in place of education is considered
- These positions are open recent graduates in an Electrical, or related, programs as well those with previous work experience. We're hiring junior to senior levels for the team.
- Foundational experience with PLCs, Ladder Logic, HMIs, etc
- Experience with Allen Bradley Processors, Rockwell and Fanuc Robots a plus.(Most platforms at the site are Allen Bradley)
- Able to work flexible shifts as required by business need (planned in advance).
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the plant’s essential functions. We will pursue reasonable accommodation for any qualified employee with a disability. If the need for accommodation exists, the employee must be prepared to discuss during the selection process.
Just So You Know:
Starting Pay Range: $34.23 - $39.49 /hour.
Compensation for roles at P&G varies depending on a wide array of non-discriminatory factors including but not limited to the specific office location, role, degree/credentials, relevant skill set, and level of relevant experience. At P&G compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Total rewards at P&G include salary + bonus (if applicable) + benefits. Your recruiter may be able to share more about our total rewards offerings and the specific salary range for the relevant location(s) during the hiring process.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor. Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Previously Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.