Procter & Gamble (P&G) is the largest consumer packaged goods company in the world. We have operations in over 75 countries, with 65 trusted brands that improve lives for 5 billion consumers worldwide. Our portfolio includes Tide, Bounty, Charmin, Gillette, Pampers, Crest, Old Spice, Pantene, and many more. This brings many advantages, including the opportunity for our employees to enjoy a diverse and rewarding lifelong career filled with new and exciting challenges.
We are currently looking for entry-level warehouse technicians to join our warehouse distribution and customer fulfillment center team in Jackson, GA.
If you would like to be a part of our team, then we want you to apply!
What will you do?
Warehouse technicians are hired as members of a work team. Technician work teams are responsible for keeping the operation flowing, for meeting performance goals and for maintaining the high level of quality that consumers expect from our products. Our technicians develop and demonstrate skills in the automated distribution operational processes, including operating equipment, troubleshooting, performing preventive maintenance, controlling processes from a computer, and maintaining accurate records and data. From the beginning, you will be getting involved, impacting situations, and influencing business-related problems. We hire you at entry level and you advance by demonstrating growing levels of various skills. Some of our entry level positions include:
- Equipment Owner
- Transportation Planner
- Transportation Coordinator
We offer you:
- Very competitive pay
- Job stability and full-time employment
- Promote from within – possible future opportunities for advancement
- Safe and clean work environment
- Full benefit packages on Day 1 including paid holidays; paid vacation; life, medical, dental and disability insurance; retirement benefits (company-paid profit-sharing plan + 401K savings plan); health & wellness programs.
- Employment with a global company that improves the lives of billions of consumers and provides trusted brands that people count on to take care of themselves and their families
- A respectful work environment
- A new state of the art facility with automation and advanced technology and ability to contribute to the productivity of world-renowned production technologies
- The chance to influence the handling and quality of our products
- Challenging work and continuous learning
- Mentorship, coaching, training, and guidance
To learn more about our fulfillment cent & benefits at P&G please visit pgplantjobs.com/jackson!
We are seeking individuals who have the following qualities:
- Reliable and eager to learn new systems and technology at a quick pace
- Sense of urgency and bias for action to deliver expected results
- Successfully manages multiple priorities, can operate under pressure, can internally assess risk and knows when to ask for help
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with multi-functional teams, both internal and external to the site
- Ability to use computerized administration systems (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- The chance to influence the handling and quality of our products
- Maintaining accurate records and data
- Display strong technical, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Flow to the work mentality and hungry learner
- Willing to work weekends and holidays.
- Prior experience is preferred but not required. P&G provides on-site training.
We are looking for individuals with some or all the following skills:
- Ability to own technical systems and processes
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Experience operating manufacturing or material handling equipment
- Strong technical, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Working computer knowledge
- Detailed oriented with the ability to perform multiple tasks in fast moving environment
- Experience in Warehouse, Distribution Center, Manufacturing, Logistics, or Quality Assurance
- Experience with Warehouse management systems such as JDA/Blue Yonder/Red Prairie or SAP
- Lift, lower and carry objects up to 50 lbs.
- Push & pull objects up to 50 lbs.
- The ability to work at heights & climb stairs/ladders/platforms, etc., on and around equipment.
- Stand, sit, and /or walk for long periods of time. Surface: Concrete, gravel, asphalt (uneven surfaces), and equipment.
- The ability to use basic hand tools such as wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers, hammers, etc.
- Twist bend at the knees, stoop, kneel, squat, crawl, and reach.
- The ability to meet the requirements of safe operation and personal safety, including wearing hearing protection, eye protection, and foot protection, and the ability to respond appropriately to various visual and audible alarms and signals for equipment startup, evacuation, fire, etc.
- Operate a computer keyboard to input and access data, and phone as well as scanners and electronic interfaces.
- Efficiently operate high speed-equipment
- The ability to enter and work in enclosed areas.
- The ability to work in extreme temperatures both hot and cold, generally in warehouse conditions including wide variances in temperature, dust and dirt.
- 18 years of age or older
- Have a minimum of a high school diploma, GED or equivalent education
- Able to wear required safety personal protective equipment (eye protection, ear protection, safety shoes)
- Must be willing to work rotating shifts
Work schedule depends on the role and could include some combination of day shift and night shift schedules to support the business. Schedule changes will be communicated with advanced noticed.
Travel for training may be expected for up to 50% of time in your first 3 months.
Starting Pay: $20.60 /hour
Compensation for roles at P&G varies depending on a wide array of non-discriminatory factors including but not limited to the specific office location, role, degree/credentials, relevant skill set, and level of relevant experience. At P&G compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Total rewards at P&G include salary + bonus (if applicable) + benefits. Your recruiter may be able to share more about our total rewards offerings and the specific salary range for the relevant location(s) during the hiring process.
Just so you know:
- Relocation expenses will not be provided.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
- Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the qualifications of the individual.
- Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
- Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Previously Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.