Procter & Gamble (P&G) is the largest consumer packaged goods company in the world. We have operations in over 75 countries, with 65 trusted brands that improve lives for 5 billion consumers worldwide. Our portfolio includes Tide, Bounty, Charmin, Gillette, Pampers, Crest, Old Spice, Pantene, and many more. This brings many advantages, including the opportunity for our employees to enjoy a diverse and rewarding lifelong career filled with new and exciting challenges.
We are currently looking for technicians with previous demonstration of leadership or technical skills to join our dynamic project team working on the start-up of our new 1.74MM square foot warehouse distribution and customer fulfillment center in Jackson, GA called the Southeast Fulfillment Center.
Logistics Team Leaders provide daily leadership and direction to a technician shift team. Logistics teams are tasked with managing inbound/outbound workflow, allocation coordination, partnering to support flow through automation technologies and leveraging various tools to maximize throughput throughout the Site. The Team Leader is responsible supporting and organizing their team to complete core work, manage daily priorities, coordinate resource flow within their team and leveraging a continuous improvement approach to drive out defects and losses within their department.
Technicians advance by demonstrating growing levels of operations, maintenance and leadership skills. We also provide you with the opportunity to expand into electrical, quality assurance, safety and hygiene, and other areas of expertise.
Job Responsibilities and Scope of Role:
- Leads, coaches, develops and actively supports their team
- Exemplifies the HPO principles, encourages demonstration of P&G’s PVPs
- Works with other Team Leaders to maintain a cohesive, responsive and flexible organization
- Holds team members accountable, identifies and coaches performance/personal-conflict issues, and upholds all Site policies and guidelines
- Enables delivery of 0 TIR, 0 Automation QA/QIs and target KPIs for automation system
- Leads shift exchange DDS for their team, focusing on supporting the business and driving out losses through the management of clearly defined shift action plans & process health checks
- Operates with a continuous-improvement mindset and demonstrates a solution-focused spirit
- Leads and supports the development of loss elimination plans
- Manages team staffing and time tracking, ensuring business needs are covered and overtime requests are coordinated with Business Leader in timely manner
- Actively communicates to Business Leader regarding team issues, performance gaps, and help needs
- Encourages positive conflict resolution and demonstrates positive response to constructive feedback
- Has the ability to hold others accountable, coach and provide effective feedback
- Has a can-do attitude and calm demeanor when faced with uncertain challenges
- Is not satisfied with the status quo, is self-directed, internally motivated and a hungry learner
- Places a high emphasis on personal development, strives to be known as an expert on the floor
- Demonstrates the ability to build an inclusive culture and celebration of diversity
- Demonstrated analytical skills and intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Technical or leadership skills preferred
- Warehouse Management Software (WMS) experience
Starting Pay:$27.35 per hour
Compensation for roles at P&G varies depending on a wide array of non-discriminatory factors including but not limited to the specific office location, role, degree/credentials, relevant skill set, and level of relevant experience. At P&G compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Total rewards at P&G include salary + bonus (if applicable) + benefits. Your recruiter may be able to share more about our total rewards offerings and the specific salary range for the relevant location(s) during the hiring process.
We believe you will be an excellent fit here if, you are:
- 18 years of age or older
- Have a minimum of a high school diploma, GED or equivalent education
- Wear required safety personal protective equipment (eye protection, safety shoes)
- Willing Flow to the work – days, nights, weekend (if applicable)
- Are willing to travel up to 50% of workdays in the first year of employment for company-paid training and on-boarding.
Work schedule depends on the role and could include some combination of day shift, rotating shifts, and other shift schedules to support the business. Schedule changes will be communicated with advanced notice.
- Lift 50 pounds by bending and stooping; climb, stand, and move around on stairs, ladders and platforms; twist, turn and bend
- Sit/stand on material handling equipment for an extended period of time.
- Be willing to wear personal protective equipment (PPE), including but not limited to eye protection, safety vest, hearing protection and safety shoes
Just so you know:
- Health and well-being is a top priority for us at P&G.
- Relocation expenses will not be provided.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
- Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the qualifications of the individual.
- Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
- Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Previously Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.